This will be a series of posts about promoting content on social networks geared for small companies and individuals to learn the basics and how to get started and why it is important to utilize social media.
What is it and how does it work?
Social media/networking is the new frontier and for those unfamiliar it can be a daunting question. What is social media? How do I use it? Why should I use it? What will it do for me?
Social media is the use of sites that allow users to post and communicate information through the internet and mobile devices directly or through topical or groups.
They can be broken down into two distinct groups, Social Networks and Social Media
The Benefits of Social Media Optimization
Social Media Optimization is a relatively new, often misunderstood form of online marketing that is reaping huge rewards for website owners who incorporate it into their marketing plans.
- Social networks are a good place to gain new eyes on content.
- Social networks are good relevant inbound links.
- Bringing content to a larger community.
- Finding readers for specific topics.
- Creating ‘word of mouth’ syndication of content through social networks.