Social Network Effects on Traffic
- More activity on their blogs, such as more commenting and interaction.
- Direct traffic from incoming links on social media sites (One good StumbleUpon.com submission can net thousands of visitors alone.)
- Fast traffic increases and steady growth in unique visitors month after month.
- An increase in subscribers and sales. Social traffic, properly acquired, is very warm to your content, messages, and products.
Steps For Starting a Social Marketing Campaign
- Sign up for the major social sites: Digg.com, Stumbleupon, Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn . Don’t submit anything to these sites until you have filled out your profile completely and submitted news from elsewhere on the web to generate a real presence and avoid being labeled as a spammer. (Do not only submit your own content to social networks, be sure to submit content from other sites or sources as well)
- Schedule a bit of time each day to do some new things. Don’t just say you are going to do them. Write the time into your day and follow through.
- Join groups, make ‘friends’, and interact with others on these networks. Especially the people who would be most likely to link to your content and send you traffic, who write about similar things or have an audience similar to yours who’d benefit by knowing you. You can even start your own group, promote it in the network, and send “shouts” to the group when you have announcements or need attention to a new post.